Re: OCP Exams Pl; Advise

From: Mike Quist <mike.quist_at_supersolution.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:47:32 -0500

Although coursework and training can't hurt, there is no substitute for practical experience. It has been three years since I've attended an Oracle course and I went and took the tests cold (no cramming, etc.). I found them to be quite easy... because my daily work doing Oracle database administration had prepared me. As a DBA, you are constantly solving Oracle problems, enhancing your knowledge of the RDBMS by reading everything you can, and developing solutions to make your life as a DBA easier. This experience is vital to preparing for the exams. It was for me, anyway!

Mike Quist
Oracle Certified Database Administrator SuperSolutions Corporation
www.supersolution.com