Re: Oracle Enterprise Backup Utility (EBU)

From: Richard Ji <guile_at_escape.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:34:42 GMT

On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 12:32:05 -0500, Chris Cummings <chris_at_dsworks.com> wrote:

>I need to determine if Oracle's Enterprise Backup Utility is a reliable
>backup/recovery solution for an environment with multiple large database
>servers. Comments from anyone who has production experience with this
>utility would be appreciated. The proposed environment will include
>several RS/6000 database servers running Oracle 7.3.3 and a tape backup
>library from Legato or from IBM (ADSM). The backup strategy will
>include both hot and cold backups. Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>--
>Chris Cummings
>Dallas Softworks, Inc.
>
>chris_at_dsworks.com (214) 350-6085 Voice 2351 W. Northwest Hwy.
>http://www.dsworks.com (214) 769-4317 Cell Suite 2215
> (214) 351-2139 Fax Dallas, TX 75220

The answer is yes and I have helped couple of large clients implement this already. Sorry I can't give you their name, but one is a large bank and the other is an brokerage firm on wall street. Both are on EBU2.1 with Legato Networker, doing hot backups on their production database which runs their business. Received on Tue Jun 09 1998 - 09:34:42 CDT