Re: OCP Exams Pl; Advise

From: Doug Cha <dcha_at_shell2.ba.best.com>
Date: 7 Jun 1998 23:35:06 GMT

an uddin <zarin_at_idirect.com> wrote:
: I am Planning to appear in the OCP exams for oracle DBA.I am not sure at
: what point
: one should feel comfortable to taste the pudding.Besides some working
: knowledge and reading of manual and couple of DBA help books are enough to
: get me started.
: I am planning to Buy the Self Help Software STS and Dbaprep practice exams
: set.
: which one is better?
: Are they good approximation for the actual exam?.

I took a very heavy reading approach to passing the exams. I read the Oracle 8 (I know the exam was 7.3, but I felt like reading up on Oracle 8) Server Concepts v1 & v2, Oracle 8 Backup & Recovery, and part of Oracle 8 Server Tuning, then browsed the Instructor Led Training guides, and finally practiced the free exam given at the education.oracle.com site.

After doing all that reading, I felt that the exams were really easy. I also think that reading all the conceptual stuff is essential to anyone who wants to work with Oracle.

I'm not sure, but I believe I saw someone post up a URL for a free online set of oracle documentation.

-Doug Received on Sun Jun 07 1998 - 18:35:06 CDT