Re: OCP Exams Pl; Advise

From: Mike White <mwhite_at_icgconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 00:26:28 GMT

Doug Cha <dcha_at_shell2.ba.best.com> wrote:

I agree with Doug. I studied the older 7.3 Backup and Recovery Hanbook by Velpuri making the Backup and Restore test easy.

The tuning test required a good knowledge of v$ tables. I was surprised to see very little on hints or statement tuning. Know redo log and rollback tuning theory well.

I don't know if it still works, but I got credit for the first two OCP tests for having the Chauncey cert.

Mike W.

>an uddin <zarin_at_idirect.com> wrote:
>: I am Planning to appear in the OCP exams for oracle DBA.I am not sure at
>: what point
>: one should feel comfortable to taste the pudding.Besides some working
>: knowledge and reading of manual and couple of DBA help books are enough to
>: get me started.
>: I am planning to Buy the Self Help Software STS and Dbaprep practice exams
>: set.
>: which one is better?
>: Are they good approximation for the actual exam?.

>I took a very heavy reading approach to passing the exams. I
>read the Oracle 8 (I know the exam was 7.3, but I felt like reading
>up on Oracle 8) Server Concepts v1 & v2, Oracle 8 Backup & Recovery,
>and part of Oracle 8 Server Tuning, then browsed the Instructor
>Led Training guides, and finally practiced the free exam given
>at the education.oracle.com site.

>After doing all that reading, I felt that the exams were really easy.
>I also think that reading all the conceptual stuff is essential to
>anyone who wants to work with Oracle.

>I'm not sure, but I believe I saw someone post up a URL for a free
>online set of oracle documentation.

>-Doug

Mike White
The Image Consulting Group
mwhite_at_icgconsulting.com Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 19:26:28 CDT