A critical error! Help....

From: news.seed.net.tw <jeffrey_at_cradle.com.tw>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:39:39 +0800

    There's a Oracle Server on SGI IRIX in our company. Because there was too many files in the system volumn, our "cute" system administrator moved the oracle ...../home/dba/.. system files to another external disk and make a
symbol link at the original location.... Tragedy happened... Our SA used 'cp'
command to copy file, so the permission of files maybe changed. Now, When I want to use the sqlplus to access the database, a error message show and no more detail about it for me to check the real factor of error! Error message
like this:

Enter user-name: wwwdb
Enter password:
ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Can anyone tell me how can I get more information about this error(like log files, or
error message table)? I want to know which file was lost and maybe I can do something.
I have to solve this problem ASAP, or my case will.... :< Thanx a lot! Received on Thu Jun 04 1998 - 02:39:39 CDT