Re: A critical error! Help....

From: Buelent Zeyben <bzeyben_at_ptc.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 10:04:44 -0400

ence:oracle [2] oerr ora 1034
01034, 00000, "ORACLE not available"

// *Cause: Oracle was not started up. Possible causes include the following:
//         - The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.
//         - The operating-system variable pointing to the instance is
//           improperly defined.
// *Action: Refer to accompanying messages for possible causes and correct
//          the problem mentioned in the other messages.
//          If Oracle has been initialized, then on some operating systems,
//          verify that Oracle was linked correctly. See the platform
//          specific Oracle documentation.
fence:oracle [3] oerr ora 7429
07429, 00000, "smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment."
// *Cause:  a shared memory segment used for all part of the SGA could not be
//          retrieved.
// *Action: Use the system error number in the error message to determine why
//          the segment could not be retrieved. If it does not exists,
shutdown
//          the database using the "abort" option, and then restart it.
//          If the get failed because the permissions are incorrect, make sure

//          that the ownership of the oracle executable is the same as that on

//          the shared memory segment.

Hope it helps ...
Buelent