Re: OCI

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 13:15:25 GMT

On Mon, 01 Jun 1998 16:00:53 +0800, Bhaskar V <bhaskarv_at_india.hp.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Today is my first day with OCI. I read the manual, and am not able to
>compile the code itself !
>
>Can someone suggest a simple way to start learning OCI.
>
>Thanks
>Bhaskar

There are a couple things you could be doing wrong, but you didn't provide enough information. What kind of compiler are you using (C or C++), on what platform are you doing this, etc.

The best way to learn OCI is to read the documentation, especially the section that discusses each one of the sample programs. If I were you, I would try to compile and run one of the sample programs that is installed, with the sample makefile.
Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Jun 01 1998 - 08:15:25 CDT