Re: Oracle Licenses for Web application backend

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 13:46:27 GMT

Hi Keith

> We are evaluating options for a DBMS backend for a Web site, and have
> been told by the local Oracle guys that we need to buy full unlimited
> user licenses!!!! Is this really the only solution?

The Oracle guys will try and extract as much as they can out of you. Initially we were told that there was a complex formula based on number of concurrent hits etc.
I'm sure that if you come up with a fair deal they will not oppose it. Especially if you are going to run on NT, where they compete directly with MS-Squel