Moving a DB from Development to Production...

From: Nick Harvey <nick.harvey_at_futurenet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 14:38:35 +0100

I'm about to undertake the challenge of moving a development database to a production environment. The current v1 of the production DB contains 'real' data which must appear back in v2 of the database. v2 of the production DB has many functionality improvements, and table structure changes.
I'm relatively new to oracle and need hints/tips etc on how to do this. I know that the import/export utilies have many 'characteristics' -(yes I'm being very diplomatic) .
Has anyone any pointers as to procedures/hints/tips - chapters of books to read etc .
Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Regards
Nick Harvey
Future Publishing Received on Mon Jun 01 1998 - 08:38:35 CDT