Multiblock_read_count setting

From: Dave Morgan <dave_morgan_at_calgary.qcdata.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:08:51 -0600

Hello all,

	I understand that the multi_block read_count parameter is
	used when doing full table scans. However, I do not understand
	which blocks are being refered to (db, os or physical disk) or
	what the setting should be.

	Our current databases are:

	Oracle 7.2.2.4 on Solaris 2.5.1
	No RAID, no mirroring just standard SCSI
	Database block size = 8kb
	database_block_buffers = 14000

	The settings I inherited for the multiblock_read _count
	range from 4 to 256.

	Any suggestions, answers or ideas welcomed.

Dave

/ Dave Morgan, Database Administrator
/ QC Data Petroleum Services Ltd.
/ E-Mail: dave_morgan_at_calgary.qcdata.com
/ http://www.qcdata.com
/
/I am allowed to have opinions. If my wife approves of them I am allowed
/to have them.