How to test if Oracle is up or down???

From: <william.timm_at_sap-ag.de>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:49:38 GMT

How can I test if Oracle is up? We are writing a NT batch script for some administrative tasks and we first need to check wether Oracle is up or down, can this be done in a NT batch script, anyone out there doing somthing simular.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Timm
william.timm_at_sap-ag.de Received on Thu May 21 1998 - 13:49:38 CDT