Re: Full database import

From: Czesław Gryzik <gryzio_at_wasko.gliwice.pl>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:17:29 GMT

As far as i know full database import/export does not affect most objects in sys schema (fe: sql packages). Many objects are dynamical based on schema and should be created rather than imported to maintain data integrity.

In my opinion to perform succesfull import of database you should create new database with identical tablespaces (especialy if you also moving database files to new location), and after that run same scripts that was run in previous database as user sys (fe: catalog, catproc, dbmspool).

Then you ma do import specifying 'full=y' and 'ignore=y' to prevent errors due to object existence.

After that import should be succesfully _without_ errors.

Hope it helps,
Czeslaw Gryzik

--
Czeslaw Gryzik