Full database import

From: Mick McRae <Mick.McRae_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:00:40 +1100

Hi,

I've been trying to use the import utility to import a full database export without a great deal of success.

I created a database, with various tablespaces (ie rbs, tools, users, etc), added a few users with tables/views indexes etc. I then did a full database export.

I then removed the database(all database files) and re-created it using the 'create database' command.
I then ran the catalog.sql script.which also calls the catexp.sql script which is required for the import.

I ran the import specifying 'full=y' and it sort of worked. A whole bunch of errors when trying to create dba_ synonyms, all_ synonyms, etc, as they had all ready been created from running catalog.

It did import all the users objects, but then on entering sqlplus after the import had finished, I recieved the following errors. ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL

Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO ERROR:
ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL

Maybe I should have run catproc also. But I assumed the import, imports all system objects and that I should not need to run catproc or catalog.

Can anyone tell me the exact procedure for importing using the 'full=y' option, to re-create a database to the identical state of the database that the export was run from?

Any help would be appreciated
Regards,
Mick Received on Wed May 20 1998 - 17:00:40 CDT