Tuning Views

From: <tlp_at_redrockgrp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:54:41 -0400

I'm looking for tips in tuning views...

	Specifically, I have a view that contains a union.  When I do a
 	simple 'select' from that view it responds promptly.  If I try
	to attach an 'order by' clause it takes some time to respond.

	I have a feeling that I need to create a temporary table with a
	view on top of that in order to achieve the results I need BUT
	I figured I would request ideas from you folks first...

	Thanks for the input,
	Tracy	(tlp_at_redrockgrp.com)