Re: Tuning Views

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: 14 May 1998 07:56:21 GMT

Hi,
I think that you would observe the same behavior even with tables. If you select witout order by, Oracle fetches the first buffer of records and puts it
directly on output, etc. If you use order by, then all the record must be fetched
first, then ordered (in memory or using temporary segments) and only after that
can the first records be put on output. Regarding the views with unions, the reason may also be that you use UNION, not UNION ALL. UNION implies sorting to remove duplicates.

Regards,
--
Pavel Polcar

tlp_at_redrockgrp.com wrote in article <3559D051.1CC4_at_redrockgrp.com>...