NT vs Solaris

From: Donald King <smokee82_at_cjnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:08:55 -0500

I am new to the Oracle arena and my office has asked me to evaluate the differences between Windows NT Server and Sun Solaris Unix. I have never had experience with Oracle on either so I do not know anything about the performance. Does anyone out there have any related experience with either in the way of using Oracle. Our vendor indicated to us that they would prefer a Sun box running Solaris as in the past they have had problems porting the repository from NT. Does anyone have any preference? Horror stories? etc. etc. Thanks.

Please reply to : smokee82_at_cjnetworks.com

Donald King Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 22:08:55 CDT