Re: NT vs Solaris

From: Fun2fuzz <fun2fuzz_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 May 1998 03:50:10 GMT

I havn't used Oracle on NT, but I've heard horror stories related to Oracle on NT.

I like Solaris (or other UNIX's) because I'm more familiar with it, and I have had very stable systems that don't have to be re-booted or re-installed everytime there is a problem.

I've also heard that Solaris is more scaleable, than NT.

I think UNIX is easier to administer too. (Make sure you get an Xwindows emulation package for your PC). Are you going to run Solaris on x86 or Sparc? Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 22:50:10 CDT