Re: Personal Oracle and clients - W95

From: Jan <jan_p_a_at_image.dk>
Date: 9 May 1998 18:35:32 GMT

Venkat <vreddy_at_ix.netcom.com> skrev i artiklen <6j20v9$3b1_at_sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>...
> Try using 2:orcl as the connect string (assuming you have installed the
> default database. Otherwise replace orcl with the instance identifier
you
> created). The connection would then be
> user - scott or whatever
> password - whatever
> connectstring-_at_2:orcl
> 2: specifies that the database is local and so does not use any protocol
> adapter
>
> HTH
> Venkat

Thank you for replying. I've tried it, and it works fine for the Oracle ODBC
driver and programs that use it, but I still can't connect from Delphi or C++ Builder and the 'Borland Database Engine'.

Any ideas?

/jan Received on Sat May 09 1998 - 13:35:32 CDT