Re: NCA 10.7 experience

From: Kurt Lee Harless <kurt.harless_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 11:49:16 -0700

Lorne,

I'm a consultant with the Advance Architectures group @ Oracle, tasked with installing, upgrading, and performance tuning the Oracle Financials and all related components. 10.7 NCA is extremely stable. Performance gains, after initial Java Applet load are very good to excellent. Managability versus Smart Client is great. Full certification with Netscape or MSIE should be very soon, waiting on them to catchup with their JDK libraries, again Oracle pushing the technology to the next level.

Release 11 is currently being rolled out to select clients. This eliminates many of the strage installation requirements. See the Oracle Site for details!

Kurt Harless