Re: Personal Oracle and clients - W95

From: Helmut Hahn <Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:57:48 +0200

Jan wrote:

> Thank you for replying. I've tried it, and it works fine for the
> Oracle
> ODBC
> driver and programs that use it, but I still can't connect from Delphi
> or
> C++ Builder and the 'Borland Database Engine'.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> /jan

You must configure the Oracle driver in BDE and set the servername to the connectstring that works.
If you want avoid to configure the BDE later in application deployment set up all properties for the connection use a TDatabase component. Doubleclick it and play around with the dialogbox. You will soon see what to do.

Helmut Received on Mon May 11 1998 - 02:57:48 CDT