bitmap index on 7.3.3

From: <cmohan_at_iname.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 21:06:56 GMT

Hi gurus,
I have been trying to create a bitmap index on a column. When I issue the CREATE BITMAP INDEX ON ... command, I get ORA-00901 - invalid create statement. ORACLE documentation states that to create an index as a bitmap index, use the BITMAP keyword after the CREATE word. (The SQL Reference manual does not talk anything about BITMAP INDEXES though). Has anyone successfully created bitmap indexes on ORACLE 7.3? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other information you may want to know :
* I have 2 test machines (Window 95), one with Personal Oracle 7.3.2 and one
with 7.3.4.
* According to ORACLE documentation, the compatibility has to be 7.3.2 or
higher in order to use bitmap indexes. On one machine I set compatibility to 7.3.2 and on the other it is 7.3.3
* I also set the init parameter p_bitmap_tree_plans to true.

Thanks in advance,
CM