Re: Change User

From: <cmohan_at_iname.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 21:20:46 GMT

If you want to become another user, without knowing the user's password, ofcourse the simple solution is to alter the user's password, if you are a DBA. But it becomes your responsibility to reset the password back to its old value. In order to do this review the following example :

  1 select username, password from dba_users   2* where username = 'TEST'
SQL> /

USERNAME                       PASSWORD
TEST                           7A0F2B316C212D67

SQL> alter user test identified by dbapassword;

User altered.

SQL> connect test/dbapassword
Connected.

SQL> connect stordba/flubber
Connected.
SQL> alter user test identified by values '7A0F2B316C212D67';

User altered.

SQL> connect test/test
Connected.
SQL>
=== Notice now that user TEST is connected with password TEST and not dbapassword!

Good luck,
CM