Re: PL/SQL proc and '&'

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 20:33:52 GMT

On Fri, 8 May 1998 10:52:19 -0400, "Haresh Assumal" <assumal_at_sprynet.com> wrote:

>I am having trouble in creating a PL/SQL procedure that has an '&'. When I
>run the script to create a proc using SQL Plus I get prompted for inputs
>whenever there is an '&' character. This happens even if its a comment:
>Eg:
>create or replace procedure test
>is
> /* Name & address */
> insert into foo values ('XXXXX','1212 eeeeee');
>end;
>
>It does not like the '&' in the comment or even in a string. How do I get
>this to work?

Inside your SQL*Plus session use one of the following two commands before you try to compile your procedure:

  1. SET SCAN OFF
  2. SET DEFINE OFF or SET DEFINE to any appropriate character other than '&'

>Thanks,
>Haresh
>email: assumal_at_sprynet.com

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 15:33:52 CDT