Re: Returning to Old Datafiles

From: Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 09:04:36 -0600

David Sisk wrote:

> Seriously, study the Recovery section of the Server Administrator's guide.
> It spells out all the different recovery options, and the necessary steps
> and requirements.

Yes, I studied that and Rama Velpuri's backup and recovery book and they both seemed to say that it was not a trivial task and that I should contact Oracle support, which I did. The procedure that they provided was to clone the database with only the needed system and user datafiles, then export the data from the new database and import into the production database.

Thanks,
Dean Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 10:04:36 CDT