Re: Enterprise Manager help

From: Guus van de Sande <dyntas.nospam_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 26 Apr 1998 20:14:50 GMT

Yes there is, but as far as I know it's not standard OEM. It is called Top Session Monitor
and it is part of the Oracle Performance Pack.

With the session monitor you can track all database-processes to see what cursors are open (complete whith SQL-code) and, find out which access-path is chosen by the optimizer.

regards

Guus van de Sande

--

- remove NOSPAM from my e-mail adress -

Jim <jimmorgan_at_csi.com> schreef in artikel <#Nhi$hJc9GA.326_at_ntawwabp.compuserve.com>... I am a developer that occasionally needs to do administrative type of tasks, more like diagnosing problems. I have used the Enterprise Manager client for NT and I was wondering if there was some capability in OEM for browsing a process to see what it is doing. What I'm talking about is how many open cursors an application has, or how much Oracle resources an application is using.

OEM is useful for some things, but it seems to fall short in others -- but it is also completely possible that I just don't know how to use it properly. I do not work with a DBA nor do I have a whole lot of experience with OEM.

Can anyone clue me in on what analysis tools OEM includes, other than the obvious Schema Manager, Data Manager, etc? Like I said, I am interested in being able to "see" what an application is doing.

I know there are multiple other products from other vendors out there that give you this stuff, but I will only be using Enterprise Manager so I'd like to confine this message thread to just that. Thanks for any tips.

--

Regards,
Jim