Multiple Oracle Versions on Windows NT

From: Thor Steinar Tveiten <thtveite_at_online.no>
Date: 26 Apr 1998 20:53:07 GMT

By default Oracle SW is installed in main directory orant and a lot of Windows NT registry configuration parameters are set to point to this directory and it's sub-directories.

My questions are:

What is the best way to set up directory structures and registry configuration parameters if you want to run both Oracle7 and Oracle8 on your server at the same time?

How can you dynamically change ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME and other parameters in order to start up or shut down the different databases?

Coming from the Unix World these issues are not any problem, but I can't understand Oracle philosophy regarding NT installations.

I hope someone can clear my mind! Received on Sun Apr 26 1998 - 15:53:07 CDT