Enterprise Manager help

From: Jim <jimmorgan_at_csi.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 18:20:30 -0500

I am a developer that occasionally needs to do administrative type of = tasks, more like diagnosing problems. I have used the Enterprise = Manager client for NT and I was wondering if there was some capability = in OEM for browsing a process to see what it is doing. What I'm talking = about is how many open cursors an application has, or how much Oracle = resources an application is using.

OEM is useful for some things, but it seems to fall short in others -- = but it is also completely possible that I just don't know how to use it = properly. I do not work with a DBA nor do I have a whole lot of = experience with OEM.

Can anyone clue me in on what analysis tools OEM includes, other than = the obvious Schema Manager, Data Manager, etc? Like I said, I am = interested in being able to "see" what an application is doing.

I know there are multiple other products from other vendors out there = that give you this stuff, but I will only be using Enterprise Manager so = I'd like to confine this message thread to just that. Thanks for any = tips.

--
Regards,
Jim Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 18:20:30 CDT