Re: Parallel Query Inactive Slaves uses CPU.

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 8 Apr 1998 14:40:03 -0700

In article <6ga650$1ap$1_at_hermes.is.co.za>, Vaughan Mc Carthy <vaughanm_at_medscheme.co.za> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have started one of our databases, with a parallel_min_servers=10 and
>parallel_max_servers=10, in the init.ora.
>The problem now, is that the CPU time grows alarmingly for the IDLE Parallel
>Processes on the server and it slows down our production machine a lot. How
>can this be? Is it a bug or what?

Are you getting any errors in your alert log in your background_dump_dest?

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 16:40:03 CDT