Re: svrmgrl in UNIX

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 8 Apr 1998 22:04:35 GMT

svrmgrl <<EOF

     connect internal
     alter system switch logfile;
     shutdown immediate;
     exit

EOF
> syntax error at line 21: `end of file' unexpected

I have also ran into this problem when I imbedded the sqrmgrl code in an if. I was able to put the data in a file and read it as svrmgrl <filename
and then I was able to get it to work by removing all white space from the left edge of the line and the command so it looked like

svrmgrl <<EOF
command
command
exit
EOF
fi

That worked. Maybe it will work for you since I hated having to have a separate file to hold the command.

I hope this is useful to someone out there.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Wed Apr 08 1998 - 17:04:35 CDT