Re: What is thelimit on Rollback Segment Size?

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1998/04/01

On Wed, 01 Apr 1998 08:18:48 -0500, Rachel Carmichael <rachel.carmichael_at_citicorp.com> wrote:

>And as well, you don't necessarily want rollback segments with a single large
>extent.....

Well, you can't even if you'd want to, since MINEXTENTS for rollbacks segments can't be less than 2.

>.... and as of 7.x (7.2 and up for sure) the maxextents on a rollback
>segment can be specified as "unlimited" -- which really translates (with a db
>block size of 4K) to 2,147,483,645. I want to see someone extend a rollback
>segment that high! <G>
>
>Rachel

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CST