Limit on the number of datafiles

From: Terry Heung-Man Lam <tlam_at_cs.umd.edu>
Date: 1998/03/19

Hi,

If during database creation, I don't specify maxdatafiles but I specify it in the init.ora file (i.e. db_files = 100) after the database is created, what will be the upper limit for the number of datafiles? Is there an internal default limit on the number which will overwrite init.ora if the internal default limit is smaller than db_files = 100?

My environment is Oracle 7.3.4 and Sun Solaris 2.5.

Thanks in advance.
-Terry Received on Thu Mar 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST