Re: Limit on the number of datafiles

From: Nigel Rudgyard <nigel_at_rudgyard.demon.co.uk.nospam>
Date: 1998/03/19

The reason why you specify it at database creation time is because the control file needs to be sized accordingly.

As for the default, I've no idea of the top off my head, but I suspect that you'll find it specified in the appropriate manuals.

Note that if you need to increase the maximum value once your database has been created then simply dump the control file to trace, edit it accordingly and create yourself a new control file (remember to back your database up 1st just in case anything goes wrong).