Re: Sqlplus env variable?

From: Stephan Schaefer <stephan.schaefer_at_camline.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

rwp wrote:

> Anyone know if it's possible to define a unix environment variable
> that
> contains username/password for sqlplus so that all you have to do is
> execute the sqlplus command. For example:
>
> VARIABLE="username/password"
> sqlplus <Return>

Hello Randy,I hoped anyone could give an answer the way you asked for. What I would do, if there are no better ideas:

Write a script mylogin.sql in your home directory with the line
connect username/password

Make an alias
alias sqlplus="$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus scott/tiger @$HOME/mylogin.sql"

If you can trust your system administrator, you can acheive some kind of secuity with
chmod 400 @$HOME/mylogin.sql

Stephan Schaefer
stesch_at_camline.com Received on Fri Mar 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CST