Sqlplus env variable?

From: rwp <randy_prater_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/03/04

Anyone know if it's possible to define a unix environment variable that contains username/password for sqlplus so that all you have to do is execute the sqlplus command. For example:

	VARIABLE="username/password"
	sqlplus <Return>

I know I can use the OPS$ accounts to prevent username/password from showing up in a unix "ps" list but I have a need to do this with several oracle accounts from one unix account and don't want the password to be visible from the "ps" unix command. Any ideas?

rwp. Received on Wed Mar 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST