HELP - Login not possible sometimes

From: Heber Ferraz-Leite <H.Ferraz-Leite_at_fsc.at>
Date: 1998/03/05

Hi,
We have and Oracle 7.1.6 database running on a Motorola Unix System V Release 4 machine. Actually we have that configuration on five different machines. We have some scripts running sql queries periodically, and storing the results in some tables. We do statistics on the data in that way.
On one of the machines we have the problem that the script sometimes can not log in to the database. It says "oracle not available" and quits. This it does although we are 100% sure the database is running, since it runs 24h a day. The machine it happens on is the one we know to be the one with the biggest workload.
I've tried setting up the number of processes in the init.ora file, but have had no success with that. Does anybody have any idea what else to try ?

--
Heber Ferraz-Leite
H.Ferraz-Leite_at_fsc.at