Re: Oracle Name Server Database

From: David H. Reen <David.Reen_at_colesmyer.com.au>
Date: 1998/03/12

Does it crash the repository DB or just the names software running on the other machine ?

If it's only crashed the name server software then I would guess that the sqlnet.ora file on the machine you are rebooting (call it A) lists the other machine (call it B) as its primary name server. Thus it may be shutting name server down on B when A is rebooted.

Regards

David.Reen_at_colesmyer.com.au.nospam

Schmee <Ian_Bashford_at_compuserve.com> wrote in article <OSkGwTqS9GA.378_at_nih2naab.prod2.compuserve.com>...