Re: Importing from UNIX to NT via Tape...

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/26

Er, how on earth did you do the backup? In other words, what's on the tape? Both format and contents?

I take it that you have an Oracle 'full export' as a file on the tape, made with the 'export' utility? If so, you'll just need to read it off. What format is the tape in - in other words, what did you write it with? - tar, cpio, backup, etc., etc.

If you did use one of the UNIX based tools (because the tape came of a UNIX system), then you can get freeware and commercial versions of these tools for NT.

If the source tape came of another NT (or some other) system, find out exactly what software (and what settings) were used to write it. Then we might be able to help a bit more...

Steve Phelan.

<01bd42ab$34ac7480$4a675cc3_at_pccomms-lee.synectics-solutions.com>...