SNAPSHOT TOO OLD (1555) - SOLUTION ?

From: <djose_at_att.com>
Date: 1998/02/26

Hello everyone,

I have a Pro*C program which churns through 4 tables and creates a flat
file. The program encounters oracle error code ORA-1555 (SNAPSHOT TOO
OLD ) causing it to exit.( I have an exit routine for non-zero return codes )

The tables are as follows

order
order_details
name
address
* The program basically creates a cursor on order table which pulls   out all
rows in that table.
* For each order it pulls out data from the other 3
tables.
* I use a host array for the FETCHES with a batch size of 2000.

My Question :
Is there any
way I can work around the snapshot too old error ? Any help with respect to
handling this error would
be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Jude