Re: SNAPSHOT TOO OLD (1555) - SOLUTION ?

From: Madhu Cherukuri <Madhu.Cherukuri_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/02/26

Hi,
This is a common problem when you run long query/transactions with high volumes of updates and transactions. For any query/transaction, you require read consistency. What happens when you run a long query/transaction, the rollback segs that require for this query to be read consistent, will be overwritten due to small rollback segs (also long running time during which many trancations/updates will occur).

There are two ways to work around this problem. 1. create large rollback segments for your work (which can be dropped

    later).
2. Run this program during the time when you have vwry minimum query/

    transactions (minimum database activity mostly in the night hours)

HTH Madhu Cherukuri