Re: MS Access and Oracle 8: Help

From: venkata terala <venkata_at_inetnow.net>
Date: 1998/02/09

Jim,
All you need is an Oracle driver and SQL*Net configured on the client. Configure tnsnames.ora (Oracle_Home\Network\Admin\Tnsnames.ora) on the client. A Listener should be running on your server for the database you want to connect to. In the ODBC DSN configuration, provide the service name/dbalias (from the Tnsnames.ora) of your database. Regards
venkat