Re: Vax RDB 6.1 and Oracle 7.3 on same system - Possible?

From: Who? <spm-cmcgav_at_ionet.net>
Date: 1998/01/29

In article <6aomsh$mp3$1_at_pebble.ml.org>, joelga_at_pebble.ml.org (Joel Garry) wrote:
>In article <886021984.47120394_at_dejanews.com>, <ketanindia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi Chuck, Yes you can run Rdb and Oracle together. But I did try this
>>with Rdb 7, Oracle 7.1 and OpenVMS 6.2. I did not do any extra setup
>>other than installing Oracle. There were no problems apart from one which
>>is to apply a patch on OpenVMS 6.2 for starlet.olb. I think the patch
>>number is ALPACRT_62 but u may want to check with Oracle support for that
>>as I am not 100% sure. Hope ur migration goes on smooth.
>
>I don't believe you can run 7.3 on less than VMS 7, unless things have
>changed radically in the last few months. I knew a number of installations
>were upset about this (especially having to do multiple radical concurrent
>upgrades), so things may have changed... but...
>
>See:
>
>http://www.oracle.com/platforms/dec/html/mat_vax.html
>
>With the Compaq thing and all, I would expect anyone not on the latest of
>everything to be TSOL.
>

>>Ketan Shah
>>Sr. COnsultant.
>>Mellon Bond Associates.

Ketan,

You are correct.. I can confirm that you must be on VAX VMS 7.0 or higher to run Oracle 7.3. I have also confirmed that it is possible to run RDB 6.1 and Oracle 7.3 on the same system.

Thanks for your response!

Chuck McGavern
Project Administrator
World Publishing Company Received on Thu Jan 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CST