Re: slow logon

From: Nadira Gangadhar <gangadnx_at_jmu.edu>
Date: 1998/01/19

I'm not sure about Solaris, but I had the same problem on HP-UX 10.01 and 10.10 with 7.3.2. I found out from Oracle that with version 7.3.2, tracing is enabled and may therefore be slowing down the connect time to the databases (anywhere between 7 and 20 seconds). What I had to do was the following:

	Delete the files $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin/regid.dat and process.dat.
	On my system, these files had grown to over 14M!
	Set epc_disabled=true which disables tracing.
	At the O/S prompt, type otrccref which re-creates process.dat and
	regid.dat

This helped improve connect time significantly!

Hope it helps.
Nadira Gangadhar
DBA, James Madison University

In article
<xedra6awwt7.fsf_at_endeavour.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me>, stavit_at_ms.com says...