Re: System Tablespace

From: Joseph Sumalbag <joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

Having the system tablespace as the default for each user is not advisable since if a user created a table and doesn't specify a tablespace for the new object , then the default location will be the system tablespace . If these non system objects grows affecting the other objects on the system tablespace , this may cause your database to crash ....

The worst thing is to actually have users have the SYSTEM tablespace as their temporary tablespace , since this will cause fragmentation on the last place where you wanted it .

I hope this helps !

| Joseph Sumalbag
|
| Oracle DBA
|

| The opinions expressed above are my own and doesn't
 necessarily                           |