Re: Redo Logs

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_wantnospamsprynetatall.com>
Date: 1998/01/13

Are your log files located on the same disk as something else? If so, you may want to consider moving them. This may be what is causing your hiccup. Look at your alert.log file. If you have the error "checkpoint not complete", then it means that your log files are spinning and need to be increased - not decreased in size. Also, look at the parameter "redo log space wait time" in your v$sysstat table. If this is a non-zero value you either need to increase the size of your log files - this can be validated in the alert.log (see above), or by increasing the value of your log_buffers - just be sure that this number is divisable by your block size.

Sheilah Scheurich
DBA
My email is wrong - to send me anything you have to remove "want no spam at all" from my email address.