Foreign Function Interface (ora_ffi)

From: Kiersten Dorn <kkbadger_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1998/01/09

I am looking for info / examples on calling external functions from stored procedures. I have found info on ora_ffi, but everything I have read points to its use as part of Oracle Forms/ windows applications. I need to process on a unix platform.

What I need is an example of the 'C' code to accept a call, are there any special considerations - do we need to create an executable, or would an object (*.o) file suffice, Pro*C vs C.
 An explanation of how the process works wold be beneficial -   i.e. does the call 'load' the object file into unix memory, similiar to windows, etc..

Will the stored function/procedure follow the examples found in the Developer/2000 doco, or are there other considerations?

Thanks in advance.... Received on Fri Jan 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST