Re: Foreign Function Interface (ora_ffi)

From: <agaldo_at_repsol.es>
Date: 1998/01/12

In article ,
  kkbadger_at_airmail.net wrote:

> I am looking for info / examples on calling external functions
> from stored procedures. I have found info on ora_ffi, but
> everything I have read points to its use as part of Oracle Forms/
> windows applications. I need to process on a unix platform.

It points to Forms because you can only use it in Forms/Windows, there is no server side equivalent for Oracle 7.3. I have read that Oracle 8 provides something like ora_ffi but for UNIX platforms but do not know anything else. In both cases you will need to build a library in which you have your functions.

If you are working with Oracle 7 you can call external functions using Oracle pipes.

Regards,

Antonio Galdo