Re: VMS Printer Drivers

From: Hilary Shreter <shreterh_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1998/01/09

Don't know if you're currently printing, if not maybe this will help..drivers control the print queuing statement. The type and style exist only to link the specifics in the driver to a particular printer. The driver's ARGUMENTS are e.g. "lpr -P$$PRINTER_NAME$$..." where the $$...$$ tokens are your printer name, copies, filename, etc. [lpr is Unix for print] INITIALIZATION STRING gets prepended to the text to control the printer -- /e is escape and the rest is printer codes like &k3G [see yr printer manual]. TERMINATION STRING is "/eE" to reset the printer. So...you must be able to print the output file via OS first. We tested the init string through the queue. That's because you have to bounce the concurrent managers after every change to driver, style, type.

mis_at_hou-metro.harris.tx.us wrote in article