Re: TNS error 12223 : Internal Limit Restriction exceeded

From: Stephen Mcareavey <mcareasi_at_boat.bt.com>
Date: 1998/01/06

I hit this problem on my HP 9000 K series / Oracle 7.3.2.3 box. Turns out it was due to a soft limit on the number of processes per user as defined in the HP-UX Kernel.

As usage fluctuates thoughout the day, the problem may be experienced intermittently as the process per user (in this case Oracle) limit is breached.

Try upping the kernel parameter (possibly maxuprc - I have never heard of BaaN) and rebooting your box.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Steve McAreavey