Measuring a session's performance

From: Nabil Courdy <moab_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: 1997/12/02

I want to be able to collect the following stats for the duration of an Oracle session:

	Elapsed time
	No. of Physical IO reads and writes
	No. of Logical IO reads and writes
            SGA hit/miss ratio
	CPU consumption

What is the universal way to fetch this info. I know I can look into the v$filestat and the utlbstat and utlestat to arrive at an abundance of performance data. However, I am after a straight forward solution since I am benchmarking Oracle under different variables and I do not want to run these utilities at the end of each sample run.

Thank you.

Nabil
moab_at_emirates.net.ae