Re: Measuring a session's performance

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

Nabil Courdy wrote:

> I want to be able to collect the following stats for the
> duration of an Oracle session:
>
> Elapsed time
> No. of Physical IO reads and writes
> No. of Logical IO reads and writes
> SGA hit/miss ratio
> CPU consumption
>
> What is the universal way to fetch this info. I know I can
> look into the v$filestat and the utlbstat and utlestat to arrive
> at an abundance of performance data. However, I am after
> a straight forward solution since I am benchmarking Oracle
> under different variables and I do not want to run these
> utilities at the end of each sample run.

V$sesstat will show you alot of good information. You may also want to turn on session auditing, which shows you most of the information you want. Note that you can't get physical writes per session, because dbwr is what really does the physical writing.

Joe Kazimierczyk
kazimiej_at_bms.com Received on Tue Dec 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST